Green is not one of my favourite colours but yesterday everything just kept turning perfect shades of green. . . .
Firstly, a first birthday cake for a gorgeous little girl (who I really should stop calling a baby now)! I wanted to tint the icing a light shade of aqua but went slightly too far.

Lunch also turned green. I love it when you open the fridge and it seems there is nothing for lunch and you're about to resort to vegemite on toast but then you look that little bit harder and realise there's a lovely dining experience to be pulled together. Pasta, spinach and herbs from the garden, pine nuts, leftover roast chicken, cream and parmeson cheese. I got Li to blend the spinach into a sauce which was lots of fun for him. Even though he is a great eater he doesn't do well with green leafy vegies. I think it's more the texture than the taste.
After lunch we made truffles from the left over cake icing/white choc ganache.
No comments:
Post a Comment