Friday, June 11, 2010

Baking. . .


Nothing like having the oven on to keep away the winter chilliness (not that the little man feels the cold)!


The cupcakes were a bit of a flop really due to our low supply of plain flour (a 10kg bag really disappears quickly in this house).  However, luckily there's nothing that can't be fixed with cream cheese icing and cute wrappers. 

These were Li's creations but I also piped a whole batch of neat ones and took them to our tennis grand final and they were also a hit.  I'm glad that the Thursday tennis season is at an end (yey! a free day to spend at home) although i will miss playing with the old girls.  Two of them turned 75 this year and still have stronger backhands than me.  I hope that I am like them when I grow up.  I'll miss their enthusiasm for life and their sense of humor.  I also thank them for their slice recipes!  I won't miss them yelling at me 'Yours!' for all the shots they can't run to though- my legs aren't that young either you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment