Thursday, March 3, 2011

Before and Afters. . .

Now, with Liam at Kinder three days a week, I am finally crossing some things off my To Do list!  I was a little unrealistic to start with thinking that I could maybe complete one project each day.  The reality has been one project each week.  Being eight months pregnant is slowing me down a bit.  For two reasons really- one is that I'm kinda tired and two is that the nesting instinct is quite strong at the moment and I feel a need to get some serious cleaning and tidying done first.

BEFORE:
Our old futon mattress and a pile of fabric scraps, old clothes and Ikea fabrics.
How cute is this giant green mouse fabric that had been in my mum's linen press for years?
I was slightly reluctant to cut up the futon as, even though it is about 15 years old, it was still in great condition and I vaguely remember some good times had on it.  Although, since we have been married and bought a 'grown-up' bed it has struggled to find it's spot in the house, moving from room to room collecting dust.   

AFTER:
Four beautiful floor cushions!  For playing and relaxing on.


 BEFORE:
The wall by our front door that I wasn't allowed to paint over because my husband had started to mark Liam's height measurements on.
AFTER:
So I painted around it and it looks pretty good (although it's hard to get a good photo of it from the hallway).
Check out where it all started- Liam's first maternal health care check up measuring in at 49cm.


No comments:

Post a Comment