It's been so much fun that I couldn't help completing my own project after Li had gone to bed. I've been meaning to produce something for our kitchen walls for a long time now. I wanted to cut out some Italian words in wood and paint them red but I could never really find the time- or the perfect words. This is much better as it only took ten minutes and fills all the requirements that our kitchen wall needed. It is a line from my grandfather's favourite opera, so it reminds me of him. It also reminds me of our Italian heritage and why the cooking around here is often so good. And the sentiment certainly suits our attitude in the kitchen (basically-let's drink, it adds to the passion).
I really must get it through my head that my time is limited these days. Not everything has to be perfect. A ten minute project has brought me happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment