Wednesday, September 15, 2010

So, the boy can sew.

I haven't been feeling all that perky lately and the only craft I've managed to do is sewing yoyos while sitting on the couch.  I don't know why.  I don't even like yoyo craft much (although I have seen some extra talented people make lovely stuff with them).  I don't know what I'll be doing with them but I do like the way they use up little scraps of pretty fabric.
The real benefit of this activity has been that I have motivated Li to sew.  The yoyos proved a bit difficult so I drew him a connect the dot type pattern of a fish and he did it quite well.  It must take a lot of concentration though- he was averaging about ten stitches a night and I think we'll call it finished now. 

A good coordination activity, good for concentration and nice and calming before bedtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment