Monday, July 19, 2010

Cold day activities. . .

Oh baby it's cold outside!  Luckily, just before cabin fever set in, I remembered how good basic activities like drawing or making playdough are.  Good for early maths concepts and spatial awareness, good for talking about colours and body parts and good for fun and bonding over!
Also, I couldn't help make another dinosaur tail because the first one has been so much fun.  This time a bit smaller and cuter (for a slightly smaller and very cute girl who just turned two).  Sorry, it's hard to get my model to stay still but you get the idea. 

And, how exciting are odd shaped packages for birthdays?!  This photo is also just to show off my 'new' mirror.  The frame is plastic and was a dull fake gold colour.  It came with our house. I wanted to throw it away but didn't know how to without acumulating another 7 years of bad luck.  Anyway, now I love it, all thanks to a $5 can of red spray paint.  It looks so good that I've been on the look out for other things that 'need' to be red.  Stay updated because as soon as I get a warmish less windy day I'm definitely spraying a whole lot more. 

1 comment:

  1. Sandra and Hildur SagaJuly 23, 2010 at 10:49 AM

    You are unbelievable Felicia. I was I had some of that energy and creativity.

    ReplyDelete